Staff Software Engineer - Legends of Runeterra
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a staff software engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Legends of Runeterra is Riot’s take on the CCG genre. As a staff software engineer on the LoR team in the Hong Kong / Singapore studio, you will help Riot continue to build and deliver systems and features that focus on enhancing the player experience. You will also work with artists, designers, and talents from the other disciplines, to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Help lead a Sprint Team that delivers code to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Break designs into smaller tasks, and mentor more junior engineers in completing those tasks across multiple sprints
- Develop C# microservices to support a live Unity game
- Create standards to ensure high quality code
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedbacks
- Take ownership of live features and engineer technical improvements
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of LoR
- Bachelor degrees in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in professional software development
- OO Development experience in one language (C#, Java, C++, Python, Ruby)
- Experience mentoring team members to level up their technical capabilities
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with SQL and Database systems
- Experience with Cloud Technology
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience working in AAA games as a systems architect
- Experience working with an international team
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Experience operating and prioritizing work around live software and games as a service
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits