Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a member of the Publishing Team in Taiwan, you'll work closely with the Riot Games Taiwan team to make optimal strategic publishing decisions and create awesome experiences for League of Legends players on the Taiwan server. Your in-depth understanding of Taiwanese/Hong Kong player mentality and awareness of player habits will help you share these important nuances with Rioters in Los Angeles as well as partners in the region such as Garena. Your hunger for solving problems and facing new challenges will serve you well in your collaboration with our partners both internal and external to improve player experiences.
As a Taipei Rioter, you'll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Together with our publishing partner (Garena), Riot Games Taiwan is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show players they aren't lost in translation.
- Experienced and educated: you've honed your analytical skills in business, consulting, or investment banking; you have deep understanding of Taiwanese culture; knowledge about game/online publishing is a plus; you've earned a degree in a business-related field (an MBA earns you bonus points); while you're proud of your work in academia, you didn't stop learning at graduation
- A multilingual communicator: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation, or messenger pigeon; you can do so fluently in Chinese and English
- Self-driven: you deftly construct logistics and service strategies and implement them with minimal guidance
- Unabashedly pragmatic: you constantly analyze changes in the field to agilely reexamine and reevaluate decisions and strategy
- Data-informed: you leverage metrics and stats to make well-informed decisions and reinforce your customer-focused instincts with meticulous analysis and research
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change, complications arise, and you're ok with that; you're coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way and be able to work under pressure
- A content strategist: while you're at ease making a very detailed schedule on the calendar, you're pro at thinking about the big picture; you think about how to improve the workflow and are always thinking about what's next in regard to publishing
- Player-focused: a gamer yourself, you enjoy interactive entertainment and prioritize the player in the work you do
- Work with our partner and central team to craft and execute publishing strategy
- Conduct market research and build strategy plans for growing Riot Games' publishing presence in the local market
- Ensure optimal execution of brand plan, publishing initiatives, and feature rollouts while prioritizing player experience and engagement
- Manage marketing and business development relationships with global partners that are relevant to the Taiwanese market
- Provide feedback from players, partners, and vendors to Riot central team and work with them to make savvy decisions about design and publishing direction with the needs of Taiwanese fans in mind
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.