Staff Software Engineer - Global Esports, Fandom Web Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0001431
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer III, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Esports Digital, you'll improve development workflow efficiency, reduce application complexity, and ensure our products are scalable to meet the needs of our global esports audience. You'll champion the technical direction at the team level and guide the direction for technology that impacts multiple teams within the Esports Digital initiative. The Digital team's mission is to transform and reinvent the esports fan viewing and engagement experience for our global audience.
You will be part of the Esports Digital team in Global Esports, reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
- You will lead and contribute to technical direction, design and implementation, using your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making
- You will manage the team's process for delivering high-quality experiences to players, lifting the expertise and skills of people around you
- You will oversee the quality and maintainability of your team's code-base
- 7+ years of experience or equivalent in Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Deep hands-on programming experiences with Node.js, Java, Python, or Go
- Experience with two or more of AWS Cloudfront, EC2, EKS, Fargate, Lambda, RDS
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform
- Familiarity with CI/CD using Docker and Jenkins
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).