Senior Researcher - Business Health
Job Id: REQ-0001505
The Business Health team sits on the central Strategic Advisory department and builds core cross-group SA functions like revenue forecasting, global market research, and primary business metric reporting. The team also serves as the "data" arm of Riot-level strategic rituals, like the Business Review and SPF process.
As a Senior Researcher - Business Health, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Advisory, you will be deployed against needs for understanding how brand, player sentiment, and IP fandom metrics affect the Riot portfolio, and how we can increase our cross-Riot efforts to drive those metrics. You will also engage as a consultant on major growth and brand campaigns in other groups. This will at times involve embedding directly onto cross-Riot programs and events to support everything from goals to creative, and at other times involve building new tools and ongoing functions from scratch (e.g. IP franchise tracking, social listening for brand sentiment) from Business Health. In either case, you'll become a member of a vibrant group of central market researchers with the goal of building Riot's primary market research and audience insights program, and have a major role in what it becomes.
- Develop core fandom, brand, and sentiment performance metrics for cross-Riot events, building Riot's understanding of drivers through experimentation (in partnership w/ WWP and product teams) and custom research
- Develop a custom research program to understand the impact of multi-product engagement (e.g. TV and games, or TV and esports) w/ Riot on IP affinity, brand affinity, and engagement
- Bring our core gamer segments to life by structuring a qualitative validation project, then developing unique partner-friendly deliverables that help educate and inspire adoption across Riot groups
- Run a global, comprehensive pre and post study to understand how different segments in the Riot portfolio are affected by cross-ecosystem events
- Partner with strategic finance to assess the quantitative value of growth in core brand equities and IP affinity metrics
- Develop learning materials on how to apply market research to common strategic problem spaces, in partnership with WWP, Entertainment and SA leads
- Mentor widely both within Biz Health and across the SA department on market research approaches, and how to structure processes around the Biz Health market research toolkit
- 8+ years experience in market research, or related field
- BA or BS
- 2+ years of experience working directly with senior executives (includes clients)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).