Senior Software Engineer, Core Services - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0001514
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will help Riot expand our newest AAA title. You will help improve the experience of VALORANT to guarantee a smooth experience for players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Services team.
- Develop internet scale backend services for VALORANT
- Build features from in-game, all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Improve server reliability and performance
- Implement server infrastructure to support new gameplay features
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Work with art, design, and other disciplines within game development
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large-scale backend systems or game services
- Professional experience working with Golang
- Professional or academic experience working with C++
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).