Senior Financial Analyst
Job Id: REQ-0001554
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As the Senior Financial Analyst you’ll be accountable to represent the Finance disciplines and scope for all of our Riot’s Hong Kong & Singapore (HKSG) Studio. You’ll partner with our Studio’s Executive Team, Business Operations, Strategic Advisory, and Product Leads, acting as the role of our “strategic CFO” with broad oversight on our Studio’s financial strategy and planning, financial operations, and budget management. You will ensure that we track and deliver to our committed financial OKRs and targets. Your financial quantitative and qualitative analysis will influence game development and resourcing decisions. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for our Studio’s long-term financial strategy and daily operations and will ensure our financial forecast and planning aligns with our business objectives.
- Manage all required Finance disciplines for our Studio (Strategic Finance, Budget Management, Finance Operations, Reporting, Accounting, Tax, and Auditing)
- Partner with the Studio’s Leadership Team to understand key business drivers and develop long-term financial strategy, forecast planning, and annual budgets
- Track monthly financial metrics and goals, assist with close processes and prepare financial reports and cost projections that provide the Leadership Team with analysis to make more informed business decisions
- Review and analyze accounting and financial reports to identify business implications and manage the vendor relationships with our accountants to close the books on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Perform financial modelling and analytics and apply them to appropriate business-level decisions, including but not limited to NPV analysis, ROI analysis, detailed operational modelling, etc.
- Conduct research of historical financial data to improve data accuracy and identify areas of risk and improvement
- Manage all financial operations and liaise effectively with Central and our vendors to manage our Studio’s cash/treasury, accounting, expenses, tax, procurement, and auditing processes
- Establish financial policies, processes, and dashboards/tools to drive visibility and accountability through our Leadership Team and continuous improvement
- Ensure our Studio’s standards around ethical and effective financial practices are followed by enforcing accounting, finance, tax, and relevant legal regulations and compliance
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial information and any other tasks assigned by the organization
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst and/or in core FP&A, accounting, and/or tax disciplines in partnership with business functions
- Solid financial knowledge on strategic finance, financial analysis, forecast & planning, and budget management
- Experience building meaningful partnerships with leaders throughout the businesses you've supported
- Experience building and presenting compelling data-informed financial models and business cases
- Highly articulate and able to communicate with everyone from team members to the CXOs
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- High proficiency with the use of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and using advanced formulas) and/or Google Sheets, and expertise in handling financial databases and other financial and statistical software and financial reporting tools (like Tableau)
- Post-graduate degree in finance-related field or MBA
- Possession of any of CFA, CPA, or other relevant certifications
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.