Senior Software Engineer, Production Engineering - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0001650
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive build and automation technology and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on Build and Release within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of build and automation technology to aid delivery of an exciting new game. You will work in a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to implement and maintain a pipeline for continuous delivery and automation tooling. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipeline for the client, server, and tools of a brand new title
- Integrate with existing Riot shared pipeline and platform delivery tooling
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of game asset validation
- Design and create tools to improve developer iteration time on mobile and console
- 3+ collective years professional experience across the following areas (or equivalent) - Unreal, Game, Tools and Pipeline, and Cross Platform Development.
- Experience collaborating across disciplines and other teams of engineers.
- Experience working with internal or external customers to identify, adapt, document, implement, and test software requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with scripting languages (python, bash, Groovy, ruby, etc)
- 2+ years experience with compiled object oriented languages (C++, Go, C#, Java, etc)
- Value and have implemented automated unit and integration tests for your software
- Proficient with Agile/Scrum
- Strong understanding of Perforce, Git or similar source control systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-infrastructure
- Experience working with non-engineering disciplines (Art, Design, Audio, UI/UX, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing build pipelines (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with the Unreal compiler (UBT / Build Graph)
- Experience with designing development and production release pipelines
- Experience with game console development, tooling, and release pipelines
- Familiarity with containerized microservices
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).