Researcher - Wild Rift, Business Intelligence
Job Id: REQ-0001686
As a Researcher, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher on the Wild Rift team, you’ll work with the team who focuses on making the Wild Rift gameplay experience best in genre for our players across the globe. You will partner closely with producers and designers to ensure that player needs continue to be met, and we make every minute players spend in Wild Rift exciting and memorable. You will deploy a broad suite of user research methodologies including playtests, qualitative survey-based methods, and usability studies to strengthen the core of Wild Rift. Ideally, you'll think like a researcher but be able to speak like a game designer. You will operate as part of the Wild Rift Insights team, reporting to the Insights Manager, and frequently delivering findings to designers and leadership across the product.
- Partner with the game design and champion design teams to aid in the development of new features and champions
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with players across the globe and represent their interests to our Los Angeles based development team
- Synthesize player feedback through surveys or ethnographic research and help inform future research / test points
- Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate through usability studies, UX/UI and gameplay testing, and surveys methods
- BA or BS in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related social science discipline
- 2+ years of professional/academic experience in quantitative or qualitative primary research methods
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends / Wild Rift gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression though ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay research within the competitive genre
- Comfortable leading user discussions or moderating focus groups
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis
- Experience with survey sampling and other quantitative market research or social science techniques
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).