Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0001735
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) in the Teamfight Tactics team, you will create new gameplay mechanics, develop tools and workflows that make it easier for designers and artists to create awesome experiences for our players, and ensure that we can deliver across all platforms every two weeks while maintaining quality. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of artists, designers, engineers, producers, and QA. You will report to an Engineering manager on the Teamfight Tactics team.
- Build in-game features, including new functionality for champions, traits, and set mechanics in TFT that cannot be executed on by design alone.
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation, and perform code reviews to ensure a sustainable approach to developing and deploying Teamfight Tactics across PC, OS X, Android, and iOS.
- Make it easier for artists and designers to create awesome experiences by improving their tools and workflows.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to develop long-term vision and strategies that improve our ability to make innovative experiences within Teamfight Tactics.
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions “definition of done” to their team.
- Provide mentorship to engineers, tech artists, and tech designers.
- 3+ years of experience as a gameplay or game tools engineer.
- Expertise in C++.
- Experience with technical design, programming, and CS fundamentals.
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance problems in a real time graphical application.
- Prior game development experience.
- Experience with iOS or Android app development.
- Experience with Perforce and Git.
- Experience with Jenkins for deploying software.
- Knowledge of digital content creation tools such as Maya, PhotoShop, 3D Studio Max, Wwise etc.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).