Manager, Sound Design - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0001819
As Manager of Sound Design reporting to the Audio Director, your logistical, creative, and technical skills will combine to create sound for a broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a diverse team, you'll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, and creativity, you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll aim to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Manager of Sound Design on the Valorant Characters pod, you will manage a small team of audio discipline members to deliver sound design and voice over for Agents. You will help develop the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development, always keeping integrity and player satisfaction in mind. Your work and your team's work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers and direct reports will learn and improve from your innovation in process.
- Sound design content creation and implementation for Valorant characters.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that enhances the vision and goals of the product
- Create work proposals for the Characters pod including headcount, time estimates, and delivery / quality targets
- Develop the audio strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
- Work with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals
- Determine and manage audio goals, goals, timeline, etc. for their content team or product
- Leverage sound design and VO content and implementation to communicate important gameplay information while maintaining integrity.
- Manage sound designers and VO sound designers on the Characters pod.
- Work with members of game design, narrative, and production teams to shape Valorant's VO triggering system
- Manage outsourced audio content and implementation teams
- Bachelor's degree in Audio/Music Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years' minimum professional experience designing key audio systems, including planning, audio middleware implementation, and results validation
- 1 years' minimum management experience.
- Professional experience with iconic sound design for video games
- Professional experience with testing and debugging implemented sounds within engine
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (DAWs, plugins, synths, etc.)
- Knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Miles, etc.)
- Experience implementing audio in a game engine
- Experience implementing audio in Unreal Engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).