Manager, Software Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0001846
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Riot China team, you will lead a team of engineers delivering software solutions for our players in China. You’ll organize, grow, and develop the team to address unique challenges that are foundational to Riot’s success in our largest market. These include technical requirements for launching + operating new games in China and game-centric experiences that engage our fans wherever they are.
You’ll be part of a matrixed organization with dual accountability to our Game Studios and Worldwide Publishing organizations. The role requires strong stakeholder management, both within Riot as well as with our China publishing partner, Tencent.
- Drive clarity on the team’s vision, and each person’s role in achieving that vision
- Support that vision with discipline in strategic planning + resource allocation
- Lead and be accountable for your team’s technical design and implementation
- Set clear work expectations for your team via alignment with stakeholders
- Communicate clearly and often to your stakeholders and team
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers
- Mentor the team, by holding a high bar for performance, ensuring every person has a personalized career growth plan, and finding stretch opportunities for them to grow
- Resolve team health issues quickly and effectively
- Uphold software engineering best practices, including design + code reviews, coding standards, tool improvements, and test/build/deploy processes
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle, including design, implementation, and delivery, while improving quality and efficiency
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years experience managing engineers
- Strong decision-maker, who can balance long-term and short-term strategies
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working with Product, Design and Process teams
- Experience with Game Development technologies, like C++, Unity or Unreal
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).