Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0001989
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll report to the Gameplay Engineering Manager and join a diverse subteam to develop new features and content in Unity, across PC and mobile clients.
- Work with diverse interdisciplinary teams to shape the core experience
- Implement features in Unity, write client and server code in C#, script cards in Python, author tools and more
- Write automated integration tests and unit tests to ensure code and content of a high-quality
- Code review the work of other Engineers on the team, help build their skills, and build yours along with them
- 3+ years professional experience in Game Development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- OO design experience in C#
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes
- Experience with Unity and Unity game development practices
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting languages)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).