Manager, Software Engineering - WR, Console
Job Id: REQ-0002015
As a Software Engineering Manager on the Wild Rift Console Initiative, you will lead our engineering team to launch and support League of Legends: Wild Rift on the latest generation of console platforms and usher in a new world of cross-platform gameplay for League of Legends fans. You will help lead technical strategy, design and implementation to support feature development, build and deployment, integration with Riot's Player Platform services and operation on Riot's worldwide infrastructure. You will help hire and mentor engineers to encourage their career growth and maximize our potential to create player value. You will collaborate across multiple time zones with teams within Riot and our partner game studios to ship the best possible game experience. You will report to the Senior Software Engineering Manager on the Wild Rift Console Team.
As we are a global enterprise, post COVID, and only when it is safe to do so, you may also need to travel internationally from time to time.
- Manage a team of 2-5 software engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level
- Manage engineering goals and output of partner studios contributing to the Wild Rift Console experience
- Work with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Align with teams across Wild Rift, League of Legends and Central Tech
- Help craft and support a technical vision for our team
- Help ensure our team hits our committed technical deliverables
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals
- Help us build an amazing game player experience
- 2+ years as an Engineering Manager working on teams that ship customer-facing software.
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience shipping games to at least one of the following platforms: XBox One or Series S/X, PS4 or PS5, Nintendo Switch
- Experience developing or leading team with one or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, C# or Java
- Expertise with full software development life cycles
- Strong delivery skills and experience with Agile software development teams
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems
- Experience working with Unity 3D or Unreal Engine
- Experience developing mobile games for Android or IOS
- Fluency in Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).