Senior Software Engineer - Player Platform, Commerce
Job Id: REQ-0002069
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Commerce team, you will build the technical solutions that offer a secure and reliable payments experience for our games. You will contribute to our payments products by adding new features, ensuring high availability and reliability, and monitoring system performance. You will be an example to the software engineers on the team by shipping maintainable code, providing technical mentorship, and thoroughly documenting technical solutions. You will report to the Software Engineering Manager of Commerce.
- Create technical designs for new features and improvements
- Contribute high-quality code
- Perform operational responsibilities including participating in the on-call rotation
- Build backend distributed services for new payment products and features
- Mentor software engineers through code and technical design reviews
- 5+ years in professional software development
- Solid experience with RESTful services, distributed systems, and Object-oriented programming
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with 3rd party payments service providers
- Experience working in the games industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).