Live Producer, SEA
Job Id: REQ-0002113
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Live Producer, you'll work with diverse teams to help bring League of Legends live content to players around the globe. You’ll go beyond rote process scheduling to jump in front of hitches before they become glitches. With your experience leading production, you’ll communicate with teams, providing context and enabling live service delivery. You know that seamless content delivery makes memorable player experiences and that poor implementation can turn a dedicated night of gaming into a frustrating battle of wits. You’re the ultimate multitasker who can track multiple issues from multiple Riot games.
You will join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the Southeast Asia region (Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan). With teams in Esports, publishing, and strategy, Riot Games Singapore is dedicated to building unique player experiences.
- Update Garena teams (LP, Ops, NOC) on major updates and changes that are coming up
- Be the point of contact for Garena Live Services teams for any bug related issues
- Assist and troubleshoot patching issues and Sev 1 outages
- Bridge the gap between the various publishing and business functions on the team so that live environment knowledge is shared and are properly supported
- Keep track of all changes to the live environment including new implementations, security issues, maintenances, and outages
- Coordinate with marketing and community teams to provide Live Ops technical help for events
- Collaborate with our 24/7 Central Live Production team that protects the live environment and help to provide prevention and hardening at a holistic level stemming from the incidents they identify and resolve
- Provide context about live service health and status to both players and Rioters in a timely fashion
- Experience in shipping successful projects in a live tech environment
- Has experience working with live video game content
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present and share information to stakeholders on technical topics
- A technical interpreter: you're able to converse with technical Rioters and relay the information in an easy-to-understand way
- Priority-focused: you quickly identify important projects, separating essential tasks from dreaded time sinks; you can spot and dodge roadblocks miles ahead, which keeps you on track and more focused than a very determined laser beam
- Naturally insightful: you grasp the nuances of technical problems instantly, when presented with a blocker, you immediately create solutions and determine the best approach to keep projects moving
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.