Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Job Id: REQ-0002173
The Workplace Experience Team (WPX) at Riot is just that - Rioters' experience in the workplace. We are a diverse group of disciplines focused on how Rioters engage with our workplace. This includes Physical Security for our safety; Facilities Operations for our buildings and maintenance; Food and Events programs for daily engagement; Media Systems for our collaboration, presentations, and entertainment; and Occupancy Planning to help us understand how we occupy our world and ways to improve it.
As an Environmental Health & Safety Manager, reporting to the Manager of Facilities Operations, you will support Workplace Experience North America in all of its office health and safety needs. You will determine the methods and procedures for health and safety programs at Riot, set protocols for all work sites, influence worksite practices and support/oversee audit and compliance practices at Riot, interfacing with government agencies with oversight from Riot Legal.
- Build strong relationships with WPX teams, RESS teams, business units and worksite leaders at Riot and government departments and agencies to develop Plans, Systems, Policies & Protocols for:
- Infectious disease mitigation
- Emergency response
- Travel health & safety
- Workplace health & safety, including OSHA and Workers Comp
- All federal, state and local workplace health & safety requirements
- Regulatory Compliance
- Keep up to date on regulatory changes
- Manage workplace health & safety documentation and records
- Inspects and audits workplace for regulatory compliance
- Inspects and audits workplace for health & safety standards
- Identify and work on areas for improvement
- Prepare for and oversee any audit or requests from agencies regarding workplace health & safety
- Review and oversee contract provisions for and execution of health & safety any requirements that Riot may have in relation to contract workers or vendors who work at Riot work sites
- Procure, onboard, oversee and work with health & safety vendors when needed
- Incident management
- Respond to infectious disease incidents, including planning and overseeing execution of the Riotwide response
- Respond to geo/political safety incidents
- Investigate and reduce workplace accidents, including coordination with Riot teams for Workers Comp, if applicable
- Recruit and train employees to guarantee an adequate number of trained and prepared Floor Wardens, Facility Wardens, Business Recovery Coordinators and Disaster Team Members.
- Manage Health & Safety related training schedules; including registration and confirmation for all training classes, scheduling the requisite training facilities and qualified instructors and maintaining computerized records of all employees or other workers attending the training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- High School degree (or GED)
- 3+ years' experience in Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Emergency Management, Facilities management, security planning, or related preventative role.
- Licenses/certifications: CPR, CERT, OSHA
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience implementing/developing health & safety plans and policies
- Knowledge of workplace health & safety standards and regulations
- Licenses/certifications: CPR, CERT, OSHA
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).