Software Engineer III - Information Security, Anti-Cheat
Job Id: REQ-0002141
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer on Anti-Cheat, you'll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Anti-Cheat team, you'll help us build a suite of game agnostic platform services that provides functionality that enables cheat prevention & detection. By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are then freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to an Engineering manager on the Anticheat team.
- Design and develop platform services to support anti-cheating solutions that detect and protect against malicious behavior
- Help create the methodology for how Riot improves the competitive ecosystem
- Partner with product teams and security leadership throughout Anti-Cheat incidents
- Improve Riot's security posture by ensuring proper remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into day to day operations
- Develop relationships with engineering teams to understand their security needs
- Stay aware of new platform exploits and tech to stay one step ahead in the cheating arms race
- Drives technical processes for the anti-cheat platform team and related teams. Works with team leadership to build, adopt, and implement processes as needed.
- Mentor more junior engineers in both technical and soft skills; help level up developers in other disciplines.
- Minimum 6+ years of industry experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working in GoLang
- Experience designing API platforms that perform at scale
- Knowledge of automated deployment systems
- Experience with SQL Databases
- Experience working with containers
- Experience with Microservice design patterns
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Eg: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Marathon/Mesos, etc)
- Experience working with cloud service providers (Eg: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc)
- Experience managing live production environments incidents
- Experience working with search engines. (Eg: ElasticSearch)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).