Staff Software Engineer, Tech Lead - Platform Release Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0002216
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Tech Lead on the Platform Release Engineering team, you will report to an engineering manager and will help lead a passionate team that is working to make it quick, easy and safe to ship the Player Platform globally. You will help grow the craft skills of your fellow engineers on the team, and ensure the team has a technology strategy that sets everyone up for long-term sustainable success. You will collaborate with outstanding engineers within the team and across the company. You and the team will build tools and automation that is used by fellow Rioters in more than a dozen engineering teams in the Player Platform team.
- Improve the release process for the 60+ services and handful of artifacts that are worked on by teams across Player Platform
- Implement and operate tools and build capabilities used by Rioters across Player Platform
- Work with us to level-up our systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities
- Build outstanding system designs, to serve fellow Rioters reliably and effectively
- Mentor a growing team of passionate engineers
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience building tools or automation to serve other developers
- Strengths in collaboration and communication
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience
- Experience as a technical leader on a software engineering team
- Experience automating developer processes including software release processes
- Experience with containers, container orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).