Sound Designer - League of Legends, Personalization
Job Id: REQ-0002302
As a Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a diverse team, you'll help guide projects from their beginning. Using your passion and creativity, you will help guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll aim to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Sound Designer on the League of Legends' Personalization initiative, you will report to the Lead Sound Designer. You will be a product-focused individual contributor that receives active mentorship to accomplish tasks. You will be focused on designing audio for multiple Personalization initiative projects, with creative guidance and insight from product leads and initiative audio leads. You will be endlessly creative and inspired to level up in craft and process to make your ideas a reality for players.
- Develop the audio vision for characters, skin-lines or other recurring features; manage the total quality of the experiences we bring to our audience.
- Establish and communicate content audio goals, including how they align with product goals, product leadership and other Rioters.
- Develop working relationships with others to achieve team goals.
- Work with music, video and other teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for products and features using industry standard methods and tools
- Ensure quality by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (i.e. - ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and techniques
- Knowledge of sound design, voice over and music implementation methods
- Knowledge of audio middleware (i.e. - Wwise, Fmod, Miles) and overall game engine technology (i.e. - Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard)
- Bachelors in Audio/Music Engineering or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. - Lua or Python)
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques
- Experience leading mid-scope discipline and product team efforts (i.e. - cross-discipline team knowledge shares/classes)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donation of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).