Software Engineer III (Live Services) - WWP, GPS
Job Id: REQ-0002328
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer III on Wolf Engineering - Platform Infrastructure you will partner with Engineering, Design, and Product to help us develop and evolve our core platform that powers both our agent-facing tooling and our player-facing self-service and automation systems.
As the Software Engineer III on Wolf Engineering, you will report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will manage the technical direction of our core platform, which powers both our agent-facing tooling as well as our player facing self-service and automation capabilities. You will create and review technical designs and features being developed by our team, and provide feedback on technical designs from other teams that are integrating into our platform. You will help the team balance trade-offs between extensibility, robustness, quality, scope, and development efficiency. As Wolf Engineering plays an essential role in scaling our global Player Support Organization - your work will make a direct and measurable impact on Riot’s ability to protect the total player experience.
- Set the technical direction for the team, ensuring we are meeting current customer expectations and anticipating future needs
- Have a deep hands-on understanding of, and be accountable for, the quality and maintainability of your team's code-base
- Build systems to manage operations (world-wide software deployment, deploying mechanisms to cellurarize and minimize blast radius) using CI/CD methods
- Mentor other Rioters through code reviews and technical design reviews
- Drive collaboration and understanding across cross-disciplinary, geographically distributed, and multicultural teams
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with broad theoretical knowledge and practical application of software engineering principles
- Experience as a Technical Leader with the ability to set technical vision
- Expertise with Web Frontend + Backend, and relevant tech
- Experience leading, growing, and coaching an engineering team
- Experience developing large-scale systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Experience with GraphQL and Microservice Architecture
- Experience working with global customer support organizations
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).