Director, User Experience Design - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0002357
As a Director, User Experience Design you'll lead a team full of passionate UX designers, seeking to evolve and grow the Riot Games player experience. You'll partner with various discipline leads across product development to define and advocate for the engagement, retention, commerce and social feature needs of our players. In addition, this role will be the department head for User Experience at Riot Games, helping to develop the UX discipline at Riot and fostering its growth.
As a Director of UX Design in our Player Platform group, you will support, manage and grow a high performing team of designers working to deliver a cohesive player experience across multiple channels. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll inform best practices inteam design, planning, workflows, and production pipelines so user experience can work efficiently. This position reports to the Senior Director, Design of the Riot Player Platform.
- Leading the User Experience Design team of the Riot Player Platform
- Oversee User Experience discipline for Riot Games, helping to set standards for UX role leveling, performance, and hiring
- Determining player experience for some around-game and cross-game products on PCs, mobile, game consoles, and web developed by Riot
- Develop the user experience team through craft mentorship, active career coaching, and learning experiences, effectively managing their performance and motivating them to achieve the platform design vision.
- Seek high quality designers and staff them against the needs of the products that comprise the platform.
- Lead creation of data-informed presentations, wireframes, and prototypes at the right level of fidelity to communicate design intent to executives and leaders
- 8+ years of experience in a user experience design role in game development or digital product.
- 5+ years experience as a leader and people manager in a design organization (i.e. Lead Designer, Design Director, Game Director, Head of Design, Creative Director, etc.)
- Experience working in at least one of video games, e-commerce, social media, or entertainment.
- 10+ years of experience within design in the digital products, mobile app, or tech industry
- Strong knowledge and intimate understanding of the video game player and entertainment fan, and its global base.
- Knowledge of digital product design pipeline including systems design and cross-platform responsive design.
- MFA or equivalent college degree in design or HCI related area of study
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).