Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, Live Production Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0002436
Production Engineering at Riot is challenged with diving into our most ambiguous technology spaces between games, central services and infrastructure to solve our reliability and visibility challenges as Riot continues to scale into a multi-game ecosystem. In order to succeed as a Senior Engineer on this team you will need to be able to partner with any engineering team at Riot on a wide range of technical stacks.
As a Senior Engineer you will be working on a large breadth of architecture at Riot. You will be designing solutions to help teams implement standards you have established to make services easier to operate and maintain. You’ll be partnering and coordinating with technical leads across Riot and ironing out overlooked details that matter.
You’re right for this role if the idea of working on high impact, high visibility, high expectation projects that provide demonstrated reliability improvements for our players excites you. You love building iterative approaches to problems and know how to compromise between ideal solutions and practical outcomes. You believe that just because things are hard doesn’t mean they aren’t worth doing.
- Design, implement and modify services to enhance reliability and visibility
- Establish meaningful, long lived, standards across multiple technical stacks
- Provide emergent, critical support and maintenance to existing platforms
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with API design, preferably using REST
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
- 2+ Years working in a high performance Site Reliability capacity
- Experience with designing, prioritizing and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software, especially back-end services
- Familiarity with Site Reliability best practices
- Demonstrated experience working in container-based ecosystems and with a container scheduler (e.g. Marathon, Mesos, Kubernetes, GKE, Amazon ECS)
- Experience with distributed systems, specifically microservices
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple organizations and generate alignment on technical standards
- Understand relational databases like MySQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, ideally Jenkins
- Understand software performance and influence latency in online games
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
- Fluency in Mandarin
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).