Game Designer, Content - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0002495
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer specializing in content creation, you excel in designing features which feel great to interact with, meet pre-established goals and game vision, and deliver upon tone and theme. You are adept at asking “what will make players want to engage with this content many times?” and then delivering successful outcomes. You partner with other designers, artists, and engineers to create and iterate on a variety of features ranging from enemy components and behaviors to environmental interactions to player interactables. You use your deep expertise in game engine scripting to support other designers on the team in more technical content creation tasks. You will report to the Lead Content Designer on the team.
- Prototype and polish new kinds of game content using UE4 Blueprint
- Collaborate with the rest of the content team to integrate new mechanics that fit well with the holistic game vision
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Synthesize feedback, data and product goals to iterate on individual instances of game content both through development and across a live deployment
- Ability to establish player behavior and engagement targets and then work through designs on paper to help validate feature directions before implementation
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Deep experience in developing game content elements which are tied closely to theme
- Experience crafting highly replayable game content
- Advanced proficiency in scripting in UE4 Blueprint
- Experience creating new gameplay systems and filling them with first instances of content
- Experience in at least one object-oriented programming language
- Experience on a Live product
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).