Senior Software Engineer - Central Player Dynamics
Job Id: REQ-0001504
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Central Player Dynamics (CPD) team, you will help us build a suite of services to encourage players to behave in a positive manner and then detect and act on the situations where they do not. You will help ensure that Riot can meet the scalability and reliability requirements to support all of our games worldwide.
The Central Player Dynamics team builds the platform that Riot’s games use to provide a safe and fun interactive gaming experience. Our technology provides reputation services, detection and penalty determination, text and voice moderation, and access and control management. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Central Player Dynamics initiative within Player Platform.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Create and operate microservices that allow Player Dynamics features in Riot's games
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code reviews and mentor other members on the team
- Work with non-technical customers to accomplish deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Expertise in Java
- Experience with distributed systems and maintaining web services
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
- Experience with related data processing (Spark, Flink), Kafka, and storage systems (S3, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, MySQL, Postgres)