Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Accounts
Job Id: REQ-0002505
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Accounts team, you will report to the Engineering manager, and help lead a team responsible for the front door for all of Riot’s games. This is a passionate team that is providing scalable solutions for protecting our players’ experiences as well as their account information.
The Accounts team builds the platform that Riot’s games use to manage authentication and authorization. We build the technology that is used to handle the highest volume of traffic and players’ initial experiences with Riot’s games.
- Implement and operate essential services used by Riot developers, and Riot players world-wide
- Work with us to level-up our systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities
- Build outstanding system designs, to serve millions of players reliably
- Mentor a growing team of passionate engineers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 8+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in Java
- Experience as a team lead, implementing software engineering best practices
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Experience with distributed systems and maintaining web services
- Prior game development experience at any level
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).