Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Job Id: REQ-0002600
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) area is dedicated to providing Riot and Riot's leadership with the visibility, data, structure and strategic guidance that is needed to make the best decisions possible as the Company pursues its long-term goals. Riot is focused on driving an environment that makes Riot the best place to make products and experiences for our players. Our corporate teams, including FP&A, play a major role in this vision and are a critical part of long-term value creation for Riot.
The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for Corporate FP&A, financial planning and forecasting, and stewarding the development of financial capabilities across Riot's 4 divisions. FP&A contains experts from a variety of Finance backgrounds, with a shared dedication to providing Riot leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions. As VP of FP&A, you will work directly with the executive leadership team, including Riot's CEO, President and CFO to help create strategy, systems, process, and best practices around FP&A at Riot. You will lead the development of a financial planning vision premised on evolution and improvement; to design processes founded on partnerships with the business, built on trust, and designed to be efficient. You will oversee the traditional budget, forecasting and planning process around the world, but tasked with evolving the standard playbook. You will oversee the Finance leadership on Riot's business units, as well as a high powered central FP&A team, and will set the vision for FP&A at Riot, including developing the requirements and SLAs for our division leads and our embedded or hybrid Finance resources. You will manage reporting and analysis at the corporate level, developing periodic reporting for the Board of Directors, and working with the tax, accounting, and strategic advisory groups to help Riot move forward on its journey. You will report to the CFO.
In addition to driving the FP&A strategy, you will provide FP&A team members and embedded Finance partners around the world with the support and growth opportunities they need to be highly effective in their organizations. We are looking for an inspiring and dedicated leader with a passion for management and development.
- Set the long-term strategy for FP&A at Riot globally, with a focus on making Riot the best place in the world to make games and esports/entertainment.
- Lead the Finance leadership on Riot's divisions, ensuring that they have the capabilities, tools and support necessary to drive financial strategy on each pillar
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the entrepreneurial spirit and what is needed to support a creative and aspirational organization that seeks to balance discipline with flexibility
- Refine FP&A processes, tools and techniques to improve the consistency and efficiency of central and embedded Finance partner activities.
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness in designing systems
- Develop SLAs for business groups and reporting teams for information collection, planning, and decision making
- Manage the global capital approval process and level up Riot's financial operations execution, including procurement and strategic sourcing
- Guide cross-Finance projects in collaboration with Finance & Accounting leadership to improve shared processes (e.g., month-end activities, actuals reporting, etc)
- Develop competency expectations, performance standards and calibration across FP&A in collaboration with HR business partners.
- Partner with providers of Learning and Development to ensure craft excellence and opportunities for Finance career growth.
- Consult with partners on hiring, retention, performance management and growth planning for members of finance craft within their organizations.
- Design rituals, including regular meetings as applicable, to drive cohesion, collaboration and knowledge-sharing across relevant Finance disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Finance planning at an established global, multi-product / business unit environment, ideally in technology and entertainment company
- Minimum of 5 years' experience building and leading global Finance organizations, including managing multiple divisional Finance leaders with multi-discipline teams
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing Finance process transformations and craft development, either in a consulting or corporate environment
- Meaningful experience working in a matrixed environment
- Understanding of FP&A craft and interdependencies with other Finance functions
- Positive, collaborative attitude with ability to motivate and inspire high-performing professionals
- Experienced in building inclusive and feedback-oriented work environment for team members
- Learning and Development experience preferred (assessing training needs, selecting vendors, developing and rolling out programs)
- MBA or CPA preferred
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).