Sr. Manager, Production - Riot Game Operations, Game Vendor Management
Job Id: REQ-0002820
As a Program Manager on the Riot Game Operations (RGO) team at Riot, you'll guide cross-organizational change and unify functionality to make game and platform teams more successful in delivering incredible experiences for players around the world. By building the vision and approach, you will lead Riot-wide collaboration efforts to improve processes for developers.
As the Senior Manager, Production of the Game Vendor Management program, you will build and lead a team and a scalable centralized vendor outsourcing program focused on the needs of our game teams. As the program lead, you will work with RGO leadership, game teams, central functions, disciplines and vendors to establish a shared operating model for centralized vendor management. Your unification of process and direct service to game teams will allow Riot to accelerate and expand our use of vendors to provide player value. You will report to the RGO Senior Director.
- Accountable for the vision, strategic planning, and roadmap of a centralized vendor management program for the Games division.
- Manage the program through evaluation of needs, roadmap creation, definition of team structure, implementation of performance metrics, and prioritization of investments across a portfolio of teams and projects
- Work with all related departments and centralized function teams to achieve commitments and develop efficient processes and game team support
- Establish a distributed and scalable selection, approval, and performance management process for vendors that incorporates all financial and legal requirements
- Promote vendor and game team best practices for continuous improvement in using outsourcing across Riot
- Work with RGO program managers to maintain and accomplish a prioritized backlog of RGO improvement opportunities to benefit game and platform teams.
- Work daily with direct reports through management and mentoring to encourage their growth and fulfillment of their role
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- 7+ years experience managing large-scale technical programs/projects in a large distributed organization
- 2+ years experience managing individuals and teams to achieve organizational goals
- Experience working with vendors, aligning strategy and managing relationships across diverse organizations
- Experience implementing and maintaining enterprise solutions such as a CRM or VSM in partnership with internal finance, legal and support teams
- Strategic vision experience including defining a comprehensive strategy and product road map, and gaining support from partners at all levels
- Understanding of multiple project and change Management frameworks
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or related technical field
- Experience managing video game products through the entire product life cycle - from conception, launch, transition to maintaining and operating a live service
- Experience facilitating meetings with senior and executive leadership
- Experience with project management software such as Airtable, Trello, and Jira
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.