Brand Marketing Intern (MBA)
Job Id: REQ-0002898
Brand managers help develop brand strategies that motivate and inspire players while executing the go to market campaigns for Riot Forge titles. Brand managers use strong relationship skills to work closely with the Riot Forge Development teams and coordinate with Riot’s WW Publishing organization and other key partners to develop global creative assets, marketing strategies and tactics, and cross-promotional programs throughout the Forge game product life cycle. This role will interacts on a regular basis with external groups especially first parties, promotional partners, distribution platforms, and agencies.
The Brand Marketing Internship gives students the opportunity to work directly with the Riot Forge team and our partners to gain hands-on experience within games marketing. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that give you exposure to a number of areas within marketing including but not limited to: strategic brief review and writing, insights and competitive analysis, coordinating and scheduling cross functional syncs. Additionally, they will be encouraged to engage in forward-thinking ideation for in-flight programs.
- Coordinate the execution of multiple projects such as creating assets and outbound communications
- Collaborate with multiple teams to drive Riot Forge marketing plans
- Perform competitive analysis across the Riot Forge games portfolio including game “tear-downs”
- Support the brand team in tracking regional marketing, social media programs
- Where appropriate, support logistics and organization of presence, and demonstrate product at trade shows and events
- Currently enrolled in a marketing, business, computer science or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to develop insights and learnings from data and analytics resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ideally MS Teams
- Digital acumen across a wide range of marketing platforms, particularly on social media and video-based advertising
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.