Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform, RDX: Edge
Job Id: REQ-0002937
As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the RDX Edge team, you'll build products that enable Riot developers to securely publish their APIs for use at scale. You'll leverage your expertise in building large-scale, highly-available systems to build a managed API gateway service that brings value to millions of players across the world, by handling everything necessary to securely accept and process hundreds of thousands of concurrent API calls for the Riot Games API and critical game loop services used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, Wild Rift, and more. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Edge team.
- Lead the creation of Riot wide standards and best practices for how services are built
- Develop and operate platforms and microservices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms and microservices.
- Translate product requirements into technical solutions by proposing the architecture and design
- Participate in interviewing and mentor more junior engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Participate in your team’s on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant professional experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building high-quality software in languages like Go, Java, Python, or any other general-purpose language.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Experience as a team lead, implementing software engineering best practices
- Experience leading the breaking down and execution of multi-month work collaborating with team leadership and regularly collaborating across other teams.
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Experience operating & maintaining live services, including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).