Senior Manager, Hardlines Product Design and Development
Job Id: REQ-0003044
As a Senior Manager, Hardlines Product Design and Development at Riot, you will help bring to life some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Through a mix of craft training and hands-on leadership, you will guide a high performing internal team plus a wide range of external licensing partners to create products that set industry standards on craft and faithfully represent our IP. Using your broad knowledge of art, craft and technique, you’ll set clear goals for your team, and make sure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible for both your team and their stakeholders.
You will partner closely with category and business leads on licensee selection to ensure product meets our quality standards and effectively aligns with larger initiatives. You will maintain your own craft skills, inspire creativity and keep a high quality bar with hands on 3D work as you deem necessary.
- Manage the quality of the team’s work and set the bar for excellence, including hands-on craft contribution
- Partner closely with the Art Director to communicate their direction, set team goals, and organise product reviews
- Set a clear stylistic vision for Riot’s internal collectible lines, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Ensure clear process and communication between the creative team, category leads, and licensing partners
- Establish quality guidelines for licensed hardlines product and provide feedback to partners to align them with those standards
- Actively participate and contribute to meetings with licensees regarding line planning and GTM strategies
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring feedback and reviews are handled within production deadlines
- Drive the development of craft Style Guides and Process Guides
- Work with recruiting to find great talent for the team and ensure good onboarding and offboarding
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high quality craft and individual growth
- 5+ years of experience as a modeler working in consumer products, gaming, or entertainment
- 2+ years of experience providing art management and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with 3D software programs such as Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Professional experience working with Hardlines licensees on approvals from concept to final production with an understanding of design & manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to deliver clear feedback to external partners without personally modifying source files and help them troubleshoot problems to ensure product reaches market
- Traditional fine art skills with a deep understanding of human anatomy, form and color theory
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Experience working with sizing/scale output for print prototypes
- Professional experience collaborating and maintaining strong relationships with vendors
- Understanding of how to appeal to a global market
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.