Staff Software Engineer (Machine Learning) - AI Accelerator
Job Id: REQ-0003062
The AI Accelerator performs applied research to accelerate the pace of building AI enabled applications for our game teams and to establish AI as a core capability at Riot.
In this role, you will lead the engagement with an R&D game team to develop AI agents that can play the game at a high skill level. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of the agent as well as any infrastructure required to train the agent or integrate the agent into features required by the game teams.
- Propose, implement, and evaluate algorithms that can play games at a high skill level
- Work with game teams to propose, define, and develop AI enabled features (e.g. metagame analysis, player coaching, play vs AI)
- Integrate game servers into research & training infrastructure
- Develop and optimize a distributed training infrastructure including algorithms, hyperparameters, CPU, memory, and I/O
- Inform and manage stakeholders on game teams
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 6+ years software engineering experience or BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience in deep learning
- 1+ years experience in reinforcement learning
- Experience in distributed computing systems design
- Significant experience with Python
- Expertise with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Familiarity with cloud service providers (GCP or AWS)
- Experience with container orchestration tooling (Docker)
- Game theory fundamentals
- Kubernetes, Databricks, SQL, Redis
- C++, Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).