Technical Artist II (Shaders) - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003089
As a Technical Artist, you will focus on supporting artists with art asset prototypes so they can realize their work in-game. You will work with artists across all departments from modeling to lighting to ensure all assets work within the scope of the technical pipeline requirements. Working closely with each artistic department, you will standardize and improve development processes for the production of in-game assets, materials, shaders, and scalable development pipelines.
As a Technical Artist II: Lighting & Surfacing in R&D, you will report to the Art Director. You will work with art and engineering to build materials and shaders that support the art direction of the game. You will have a hand in lighting and asset optimization. You will also support artists on the team as they create assets, developing tools and pipelines to help improve their workflows and remove technical barriers and inefficiencies.
- Create shaders and shader libraries
- Support artists with look development as it pertains to shaders
- Provide technical support to artists who interface with the shaders
- Maintain and extend core functionalities of existing shaders and shader libraries
- Meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
- Consistently communicate with the team by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Professional experience in Unreal and or Unity
- Professional experience in mobile and or AAA development
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, especially Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter
- Proficiency in Python programming
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality character art - including stylized artwork. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.