Senior UX Designer - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003030
As a User Experience Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Senior User Experience Designer on the R&D team, you’ll be responsible for the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. Your work will help shape the quality of game experiences in this early stage of a product’s life cycle. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through production and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals. You will report to the design manager for the project.
- Working on early prototype teams to implement prototypes, build wireframes, or presentations that de-risk proof of concepts of production features.
- Delivering on a high quality user experience for functional prototypes
- Support high level design in developing systems such as control schemes, HUDs, and front end UI/UX flow.
- Communicating data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g. strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience)
- Manage experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Strong, professional experience creating mobile prototypes of varying degrees of fidelity
- Deep understanding of mobile gaming patterns, across genres
- Experience working in game engines and designing action game controls
- Experience creating appropriate, innovative, and dynamic touch controls, UI elements, and real-time animations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design
- Familiarity with the general mobile market and trends
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine tools
- Familiarity with Console/PC Experience is a plus.
- Depth of programming abilities (e.g., Gameplay and UI vs. Game Logic) vs. prototyping
- Experience w/ C++, touch UI development, Unreal, OpenGL, etc.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.