UX Designer II - WR, Core Game Modes
Job Id: REQ-0003223
As UX Designers at Riot, we are responsible for design work in high-scope product areas that are complex and ambiguous. Our work includes end-to-end experience design. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve our goals.
As a UX Designer on Wild Rift’s Core Games Modes team, you will report into the UX Design Director. You will be responsible for the UX design of various parts of the In Game player experience, including areas such as controls, in game systems, and core in game user interfaces. You will be an adept storyteller, able to present the player experience to members of your team. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll partner with members of a cross functional team in order to establish targets for the player experience, interaction design details and providing feedback to external partners.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience)
- Manage experiential quality and consistency across features end-to-end
- Work with Design discipline leadership to establish design best-practices and quality standards
- 4+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing for gaming consoles and mobile
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.