Senior Security Engineer - Information Security, Rioter Security
Job Id: REQ-0003236
Riot Security Engineers hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect Rioter experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers by protecting our internal environments.
As Senior Security Engineer - Information Security, reporting to the Senior Manager, Security Engineering, you will focus on contributing to modernization efforts of our Identity program with deliberate emphasis on our Azure AD environment. You will provide secure network and identity platforms for Rioters from which to build outstanding experiences for our players. From working with other Security teams to working with multiple teams across the spectrum of Riot, everything you do is an effort to protect Rioters.
- Provide a modern, scalable, and security-focused set of internal identity platforms and practices across Riot
- Achieve scalable and automation-focused identity solutions backed by a hybrid Azure AD environment
- Participate in evaluating existing Active Directory Infrastructure and Security standards and help establish future architecture
- Maintain and contribute to Identity-focused security practices around IAM
- Tag team with product leadership and security engineering teams to help prioritize large-scale Identity-focused engineering efforts
- Be a technical escalation point for Riot engineers for Identity queries
- Work with Rioters and third parties to implement secure authentication practices for SaaS services
- 5+ years of experience working with the design, implementation, and management of hybrid or cloud-based Active Directory solutions
- Deep practical knowledge of a variety of core Active Directory services including Privileged Account Management, PKI, Federation Services, Identity Lifecycle Management, Intune, and Group Policy
- Experience communicating technical goals to partners
- Scripting skills in Powershell
- Experience with principles of JIT, JEA, and Least Privilege access structures
- Experience with different cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS
- Additional programming experience in Go or Python
- Some experience with SSO standards (SAML\OIDC)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform\Desired State Configuration)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.