Senior Manager, Software Engineering - League of Legends, Merchant Guild
Job Id: REQ-0003294
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. Senior Engineering Managers gain organizational alignment by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design while collaborating & advising other leaders & managers. They serve as mentors for technical leaders & managers overseeing their performance and finding stretch opportunities for their growth while maintaining a focus on results.
As the Senior Engineering Manager on the Merchant Guild team under League’s Player Immersion and Expression initiative, you will lead the delivery of various features and content to our players across the globe. Content is core to the League experience. The Merchant Guild team focuses on creating new & expressive content, creative approaches to discovering & acquiring content, and immersive experiences that delight the players of League of Legends & Team Fight Tactics. In this role, you will report into the Director of Engineering, Player Immersion and Expression initiative.
- Create, review, and refresh an engineering vision with teams and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
- Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities.
- Operate with a strong results orientation collaborating with leaders to prioritize the highest-value work on teams.
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers & managers to help teams scale effectively.
- Mentor managers, technical leaders and provide frameworks to them to grow engineers and other leaders.
- Manage the health and performance of engineering teams building trust, holding a high for engineering excellence, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Provide technical expertise & oversight throughout the product life cycle including in the areas of software design, construction, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- 5+ years as an Engineering Manager with a focus on building consumer or player facing products.
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience driving strong results through other leaders including technical leads and/or engineering managers.
- Experience leading software development, including shipping products on large code bases.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create sustainable solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience running a live Game-as-a-Service.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).