Sr. Manager, Product Management - Central Player Dynamics
Job Id: REQ-0003323
As a Senior Manager, Product Management of the Central Player Dynamics group at Riot Games, you will lead the product management team to scope and to deliver on the vision for critical new Player Dynamics capabilities. You will be responsible for the creation of the product roadmap and prioritizing development of features that make gameplay better in multiplayer environments. You will collaborate with peer managers of other disciplines as a part of the leadership team including engineering, quality, production, and design to lead the teams that form the Central Player Dynamics initiative at Riot. Finally, you will foster collaboration between CPD and multiple game development teams at Riot to integrate CPD solutions for players of Riot’s games. You will keenly understand the needs of each of Riot’s games and their players and how to tailor the systems built by CPD to meet their development timelines and long term goals.
Central Player Dynamics (CPD) provides services & solutions that foster great player-to-player experiences and eliminate the impact of disruptive behavior for all of Riot’s games. CPD comprises three teams: two engineering teams and a design/policy team. As Riot expands into new competitive multiplayer game genres, CPD is investing in technology and systems to ensure our games are always positive environments.
You will report to the Senior Director of the Riot Player Platform within the Game Studios pillar.
- Lead and manage delivery of a new Player Dynamics functionality for our games and our players. You will do this by collecting input from game teams, CPD Design and Product team members, and industry experts to form a strategy for the Central Player Dynamics organization.
- Work with Design, Product, and Engineering to determine product and technical delivery requirements, establishing and documenting the key architecture and interfaces to access this new functionality
- Manage a team of Product Managers within Central Player Dynamics working on specific CPD solutions that you have identified
- Communicate the value proposition of the CPD products to internal and external stakeholders, building momentum and support for integration of CPD features in all of Riot’s games
- Manage multiple essential customer and partner relationships, including game development teams, external providers, and other internal Riot platform teams developing vertically integrated player-facing capabilities
- 7+ years of technical program or product management and delivery experience
- At least 4 years experience in people management
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and managing multiple technical and non-technical partners, internal and external
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Engineering background, particularly in services, operations, or infrastructure
- Strategic vision experience including defining a comprehensive strategy and product road map, and gaining support from partners at all levels
- Experience with systems and services that operate at a global scale
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).