Researcher II - Entertainment
Job Id: REQ-0003339
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As an Insighter on Entertainment, you will be supporting Riot’s various IP media efforts, including Film & TV, Consumer Products, Music, Riot Forge, and more. As a Researcher on Entertainment’s Insights Foundations team, you’ll be addressing the fundamental questions that span across all our Entertainment and IP-related products and teams. You will identify and execute on research opportunities that explore fandom, audience media behaviors, and other similar topics. This role emphasizes a deep research skillset, particularly in vendor research management and dissecting ambiguous problem spaces. If you’re excited by large scale audience research, driven by broad impact, and eager to grow in strategic frameworking, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Examples of Work:
- Identifying audience motivations for engaging with the League IP across engagement types
- Exploring fandom: What is it? What types of fandom exist? How prevalent are these types of fandom, and what are the key opportunities within each of those fan subtypes?
- Determining the general thematic preferences for storytelling amongst our players, and how this differs across markets.
- Identifying key factors that make transmedia storytelling campaigns successful
- Partner with Entertainment Leadership and IP Management teams to generate frameworks and insights that guide Riot’s IP strategy (For example, what is fandom, and how do we measure it?)
- Design and execute on surveys to test assumptions, inform frameworks, and drive data-informed decision-making (For example, what are the strengths of our IP, and how can we best leverage them in our IP products?)
- Coordinate and manage vendor research projects to multiply our research capabilities.
- Leverage storytelling skills to effectively share results with Rioters and partner studios.
- Break down large-scale problems and questions into discrete, manageable research projects.
- Collaborate with other insighters to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses.
- BA or BS in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Familiarity with a wide variety of research methods and their use cases.
- Experience working with vendor research
- Experience in Entertainment products or IP Development
- Advanced capability in analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
- Graduate degree in research-focused field
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.