Director, Talent Acquisition (Games, R&D, and Technology)
Job Id: 4596
The Riot Talent Acquisition (TA) team is looking for a dynamic leader to support our Games, R&D, and Technology organizations. Riot's mission is to be the most player-focused gaming company in the world. To achieve our mission, we must reflect the ideas, experiences and backgrounds of our players. Our organization enables our mission by attracting outstanding talent and ensuring every Rioter has experiences that allow them to grow as members of our team.
As Riot's Director of TA for Games, R&D, and Technology; you will create strategies that attract and allow us to hire great people. You will work in collaboration with the Head of TA to establish the vision, strategy, and goals for the TA teams that support these three essential components of Riot's overall business. This will include leading a TA team of 40+, driving the hiring and onboarding process / experience strategy, and aligning goals and approach with leadership across Riot. You will report directly to the Head of TA.
- Develop a TA strategy / approach focused on Riot's Games, R&D, and Technology organizations to meet our workforce needs by attracting and hiring qualified candidates
- Develop recruiting strategy, business plan, budget, forecast and manage to annual plan
- Create cost-effective recruiting strategies on behalf of our partners
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Operations to evaluate and refine recruiting processes
- Work with the recruiting programs teams to shape initiatives specific to these businesses (e.g. Riot's internship program, diversity initiatives) aimed at building diverse talent pools and support Riot in delivering our our diversity and inclusion goals
- Create a roadmap and communicate progress / projects that support the strategy with leaders and peers
- Develop a team of TA professionals including recruiting managers, recruiters, and recruiting coordinators
- Establish organization structure and operating model to optimize for performance
- Navigate the team to success through metrics, feedback (candidate, team, hiring manager) and strategic roadmap journey
- Drive accountability and metrics for TA team, ensure projects or change management is accomplished in response
- Refine and manage recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes that support a positive candidate experience and recruiter/hiring manager efficiencies
- Ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation comply with all legal requirements and guidelines
- Optimize our metrics-based approach to ensure that our goals are achieved on time, within budget and with quality
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems and training necessary to scale and support a world-class team
- Enhance alignment with Finance, People Team, and business leaders to optimize workforce planning based on the most acute needs of the business by assessing pipeline and projecting talent needs
- Be a recruiting advisor and partner to the Executive team and be an essential driver of recruiting excellence across the organization
- Partner with functional VPs and Directors to understand their long- and short-term people resourcing needs, including industry/function trends and forecasting
- Work with other People Team leaders to align goals and processes related to TA, such as compensation, diversity, and analytics
- Oversee efforts to strengthen our DE&I strategy with an acute focus on the recruiting process
- Manage vendor relationships, including quarterly/annual review, RFPs, social responsibility, etc.
- Lead and implement employer branding strategies and refine our value proposition as our business evolves
- Stay present with industry best practices and trends
- Oversee Riot's essential strategic partnerships with local organizations, including finding new opportunities, ensuring success measures are tracked and communicated, and ensuring causes and goals are in alignment
- 10+ years of experience working in TA
- 6+ years of management experience leading a team of scale
- Experience in a TA leadership role
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.