Senior Narrative Writer - Global Marketing, GM Creative
Job Id: REQ-0003594
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative was born to better support all of our Creative Marketing needs, globally.
Narrative Writers at Riot work in an interdisciplinary environment with Creative Directors, Artists, Video Producers, Brand Managers, Copywriters, Game Designers, and more to bring ideas to life. Narrative Writers use their creative skills to collaboratively build engaging experiences, storylines, and characters that resonate with players and enhance their experience.
As a Senior Narrative Writer on the Global Marketing Creative team, you'll report to the Head of Studio, Global Marketing Creative. You'll create globally appealing, story-driven content for publishing campaigns across our portfolio of games. You will work with the Narrative Lead, Marketing Writing Leads, Creative Directors, and Art Leads to develop content that inspires your team and delights players. You'll also collaborate across Riot to uphold a standard of narrative excellence and comprehension of product goals and player experience.
- Write narrative content (animation, prose, gameplay videos, comics, etc.) in collaboration with the Creative Director and Narrative Lead
- Work with diverse teams to deliver creative publishing assets
- Maintain narrative cohesion across publishing campaigns
- Manage relationships with the Narrative and Creative disciplines across Riot
- Support other writers by sharing best practices, elevating Narrative quality on GMC, and contributing as a community member
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience delivering quality work across a variety of media types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing for an established brand or IP
- Experience mentoring others
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and Skins universes
- Experience transforming creative briefs into creative media
- Experience working with external partners and giving and taking feedback
- Experience in creative writing, storytelling, and writing dialogue and VO
- BA in English, History, Narrative Design, or other narrative fields (or equivalent experience)
- Active member of your craft community
For this role, you'll find success through craft, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.