Director of Accounting
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Director of Accounting, you'll help lead Riot's Accounting team, drawing on your substantial experience to build scalable systems that keep up with a company that's rapidly evolving. You'll work with external partners and leaders throughout Riot to guide key financial decisions. A global Accounting veteran, you'll navigate a complex financial landscape to consolidate data from international offices; establish and maintain the company's accounting procedures and practices and ensure the company's financials are keeping within worldwide compliance regulations.
- Certifiably educated: you've achieved a degree in Accounting or Finance; you’re a Certified Public Accountant and possess a strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experienced: you've racked up around 10 years of Accounting experience (with 5+ managing), preferably for an international company filled with techy types like us
- An accounting guru: you're an Excel pro and expertly use or have implemented ERP systems to manage internal and external account information (you'll earn bonus points if you know Oracle); you've managed the G/L, Fixed Assets, A/R, A/P, and Consolidations.
- A team leader: you've got experience building and leading successful Accounting teams in growing, ever-evolving organizations; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on
- Detail-oriented: your attention to detail helps you keep accounts current and you spot even the slightest mathematical discrepancy; you know little things often make big things happen, so there's no detail so fine that it escapes your notice
- An equipped communicator: you're easy to get along with, and work successfully with any personality type you might run into on the studio floor; you craft reports and presentations that are easily-understood by folks without a finance background
Lead Riot's Accounting ops, ensuring financial reports are accurate and submitted on time; manage domestic and international Accounting functions including: accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, consolidations, and financial reporting
Build an Accounting team filled with scalable systems that keep pace with Riot's rapid growth and take charge of outsourced functions; maintain well-documented Accounting policies and procedures that any new team member can easily pick up and follow.
Marshal the team to prep monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting that comply with public company requirements and submit information for annual audits; calculate budget variances and consolidate international financial info
Recruit top-notch talent to the Accounting team and mentor team members, helping them reach their peak potential; foster a culture of continuous improvement complete with benchmarks for measuring successful performance
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.