Senior Quality Analyst
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Quality Analyst, you'll own the construction of the QA strategy for a feature team working across League of Legends, R&D, and other teams, to deliver value to millions of players. You'll join a multi-discipline team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the League of Legends player experience. As an experienced QA Analyst, you'll identify key metrics and provide up-to-date info around the quality status of any feature in development, while building a strategy to ensure effective and efficient test coverage. A true innovator, you'll find ways to blend standard QA practices with creative solutions that make use of the latest bug management resources and automation tech.
- A QA veteran: you have an in-depth understanding of both functional and subjective testing with a record of successful execution on previous projects
- Analytically adept: you've acquired plenty of experience executing regression, unit and integration tests, as well as using version control and bug database software to craft robust analysis
- A creative problem solver: you have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action; you enable teams to explore and leverage the resources at their disposal to solve problems more efficiently
- Data informed: you understand not only how to collect data but how to distill it into the consumable info teams need; you can build a basic strategy to understand when and where to devote your time and that of your team to ensure the best outcome of your testing efforts
- Agile-enabled: you're experienced with Agile methodologies and know what to expect from a fast-moving development environment; you're able to turn on a dime to support new initiatives when business and development priorities shift
- A communicator: you're able to work with a wide variety of people and can effectively communicate everything from data points to critical feedback; you're not afraid of being vocal about concerns, you also know how to go about it in a diplomatic manner, and can adapt accordingly to whoever you are speaking with
- Player-focused: you have a passion for games that drives you to work tirelessly to deliver a high-quality experience to players, whether they're in the store or on the Fields of Justice
- A Summoner: you know and play our game, League of Legends! As a community member, you’re able to speak out for our players, and drive results with them in mind
We’re looking for QA pros for a number of diverse teams at Riot that focus on different objectives and impact Riot in unique ways.
- Work with multiple individual contributors and cross discipline teams to help deliver awesome esports player value via lolesports.com (SaaS)
- Partner and mentor remote functional and automation teams to deliver new features and maintain existing features
- Define and implement process improvement to make esports sustainable and scaleable.
Social Play Team
- You’ll be part of the creation of exciting social features for League of Legends
- You’ll work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle
- You’ll proactively protect the player experience and deliver results in a high pressure, agile development environment
Content Efficiency Team
- Collaborate with developers across the company to identify and build the tools that Rioters need
- Drive quality improvements to Content Efficiency's development process
- Own the quality of Riot's developer tooling end-to-end
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.