HR Business Partner
Job Id: REQ-0003950
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. Riot aims to delight players by providing more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs.
That's where you come in.
As a HR Business Partner, you’ll report to the KR People Manager and support the Seoul office Rioters to thrive together. You will cultivate close relationships with Rioters, develop and implement people programs that will facilitate the business growth in Korea. You will be the primary point of contact for all HR matters such as performance management, personal growth & development, and organizational design management. Combined with your deep empathy, unparalleled communication skills, and proactive approach to innovative problem solving, you’ll launch and lead high impact initiatives to deliver against key strategic objectives. You will facilitate unlocking Rioters’ potential into performance results that deliver the best player experience.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Consult with KR leadership on org design, alignment, and change management; develop and identify high-potential Rioters through People management practices/tools and ensure the seamless onboarding of new Rioters.
- Be a go-to partner for all things Total Rewards (Compensation, Perks, and Benefits) ensuring seamless, fair, and meritocratic comp review cycles with the KR leadership; coach managers on how to address compensation needs.
- Maintain trusted relationships across the business to ensure that Riot's talent strategy and programs are tailored to and aligned with organizational needs of the business teams and across the organization.
- Help deploy company surveys and tools, then use data gained from them to analyze trends and make informed recommendations for organizational improvement.
- HR Expert : You have at least 5 years of work experience as a HR Generalist/HR Business Partner with a bachelor’s degree. You have a comprehensive understanding of key HR functions such as performance management, manager development programs, compensation and benefits.
- Effective collaborator : You possess excellent stakeholder management skills and an engagement track record with appreciable results. You have strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with various teams.
- Approachable : You listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations.
- A clear communicator : You can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.
- Proactive : You don’t wait to be given orders, and instead eagerly start projects on your own accord; if a new priority pops up, you efficiently switch tasks without a blood pressure spike. Your positivity brings people together to work more effectively in a dynamic organization.
- Experience in tech, gaming, entertainment, and/or creative industries.
- Experience in HR consulting firms or HR related projects with notable achievements.