Character Artist II - League, Personalization
Job Id: REQ-0003939
As a Character Artist at Riot, you will bring champions to life by creating and texturing high and low poly models. You will help craft some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and keen understanding of anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
As a Character Artist on the League of Legends Personalization Team, you will report to a Character Art Lead. You'll be a part of a squad working with different disciplines while creating skins that will both surprise and delight players. You will participate in craft review sessions and give/receive feedback on the work.
- Create 3D assets ranging from humanoid to creatures
- Understand game requirements to create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as poly count, texture memory limits, and topology
- Use your strong sense of human/creature anatomy to push character quality to its fullest potential
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- 3+ years’ experience in video games industry as a character artist
- Knowledge of human anatomy, form, and color theory
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya/Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, and 3dCoat
- Experience in creating high quality, stylized 3D character art
- Demonstrated ability to create hand painted stylized characters through past professional or personal work samples
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universe
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.