Staff Software Engineer, Test - Player Platform, SDK Foundations
Job Id: REQ-0005209
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in different domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with all kinds of new/old technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Test on the SDK team, you will develop automated test frameworks and tooling that exercise the services developed by the SDK team. We will also ask you to work with various technology owners across other projects in the Developer Platform initiative to make sure we have a test automation that supports services in development across the group. You will partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those development partners.
You will report to the QA Manager on the SDK team.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to ensure the code developed accomplishes expectations from multiple dimensions (quality, modularity, scalability, and industry standards/trends)
- Establish what quality automation looks like across the tooling ecosystem with testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Mentorship. You help Rioters develop the tools to shine.
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- 6+ years of experience in standard programming languages such as C++, Kotlin, Python and Java
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks and tooling for desktop, mobile and console applications.
- Have been responsible for leading the development of large cross-team efforts (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release.
- Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
- 2+ years of experience developing within services testing frameworks, familiarity with postman and ReadyAPI
- 2+ years of experience in the microservice/distributed service based environment
- 2+ years of experience working with Jenkins or similar CI tooling
- Experience building and maintaining iOS/Android test applications
- Experience with GoogleTest framework
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).