Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Merchant Guild
Job Id: REQ-0005168
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, overcoming high-volume obstacles and delivering value to players.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Merchant Guild team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will develop core player-facing client experiences and integrate them with distributed services, providing engaging store, loot, events, and missions experiences for League of Legends. You will work across technology stacks to achieve reliable and performant player experiences. You will exercise your collaboration skills to work in a diverse group, being a trusted technology partner to producers.
- Write and review code to create and improve League Client features.
- Work with product owners, designers and other engineers to create the best possible experiences for players.
- Participate in our team's on-call rotation.
- Be a mentor and career guide to junior engineers, and participate in hiring and interviewing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing software with C++.
- Experience building UI in a game engine such as Unity/Unreal.
- Experience working in game development.
- Intentional approach to UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).