Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Talent Partner, you'll cultivate relationships with Rioters and develop talent programs that'll keep them on top of their game. Your experience working with a talented team along with your warm and inviting personality, unparalleled communication skills, and proactive approach to projects will help you foster an environment where Rioters thrive and grow.
- Empathetic: you're comfortable commingling with all types of people, and you care for the folks around you; when someone needs personal or professional advice, you're there to offer guidance and, ideally, cookies
- An organizational sherpa: you grok the language of organizational culture and understand the rationale behind policies, practices, and procedures; this understanding of the way a company works help you get the job done, whether through formal channels or by busting barriers
- Trustworthy: you're a human vault, locking confidential conversations away behind impenetrable steel and a nine-digit passcode; whether candidly advising a teammate or copping to your own mistakes, you don't fear the truth, always delivering and receiving it constructively and with maximum tact
- Coolheaded: you thrive in high-stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; as the team's ballast, you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don't have all the details; you're comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Armed with insight: like the 5-star chef knows their kitchen, you understand the tools, trends, and best practices currently affecting today's talent landscape; you continually strive to improve your skills while staying in the know about what the competition might be cooking up
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- Deliver performance management tools to teams in support of Rioters' continued growth and awareness; coach individuals through the performance improvement process helping them elevate themselves to peak performance
- Be a go-to partner for all things Total Rewards (Compensation, Perks, and Benefits) ensuring seamless, fair, and meritocratic comp review cycles with leadership teams; coach managers on how to address compensation needs
- Educate and equip leaders with knowledge on employment compliance, risks, and benefits of talent decisions as needed while also providing Rioters with conflict resolution and grievance escalation guidance
- Consult on org design, alignment, and change management; develop and identify high-potential Rioters through talent management practices/tools (including: succession planning, high potential programs, mobility, etc.) and ensure the seamless onboarding of new leaders
- Deploy company surveys and tools, then use data gained from them to analyze trends and make informed recommendations for organizational improvement (turnover, promotions, transfers, engagement, performance)
- Work with recruiting partners and hiring managers to identify and prioritize key positions, high impact roles, and skill gaps; support candidate selection through panel interviews, offer package support, relocation, visa assistance, etc.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.