Senior Benefits Analyst
Job Id: REQ-0005261
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As a Senior Benefits Analyst reporting to the Senior Director of Total Rewards, you will play a meaningful role in the health and retirement programs that our Rioters love. You'll configure and update our benefit systems to achieve harmony, and educate our sizable company by creating internal marketing and training. Individual Rioters will depend on your direct care for several benefit needs, and you'll review, and transmit their sensitive data with focus.
- Oversee the administration of Riot's medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability programs in the US
- Monitor ongoing carrier feeds and resolve any inconsistencies; review and approve vendor invoices for accuracy and payment; manage carrier discrepancy reports; and research and resolve escalated issues through third party vendors
- Researches and responds to complex questions from participants and vendors regarding the plans, including eligibility, covered services and exclusions
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with third party vendors and administrators; monitor and track service level agreements, performance and Rioter satisfaction
- Assess and implement new programs, systems, or life-cycle events like Open Enrollment
- Analyze patterns in and interpret data and claims to track performance and engagement across all benefit programs
- Provide direct consultation, such as open enrollment support and orientation trainings, and act as an escalation point for Rioter benefit questions or concerns
- Analyzes and interprets information; provide opinions and recommendations, and refer complex issues as appropriate
- Develop educational materials & training for Riot's growing organization
- Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure the integrity of benefits elections/enrollments and the accompanying payroll deductions across our HRIS system and vendor websites; update processes to address potential gaps
- Ensure distribution of benefit notices and maintain benefit documents on internal shared drives
- Ensure compliance with federal, state & local benefits regulations (like ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and requirements under the ACA) and manage government reporting for these regulations
- 5+ years of relevant benefits experience
- Proficiency with benefits administration in a HRIS
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) including formulas, pivot tables, charts and graphs
- Customer service-oriented and comfortable delivering service to a variety of customers, from senior managers to entry-level talent
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Insurance & Risk Management, or a comparable field
- Familiarity with Workday HCM
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!