Principal Organizational Effectiveness Partner
Job Id: REQ-0005267
Enterprise teams at Riot are responsible for creating the culture, systems, and environment that allow Riot to be the best place for great people to imagine and deliver the impossible for players. Enterprise collectively is made up of key corporate teams like Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Affairs, IT and Infosec, D&I and Corp. Enterprise teams drive strategies that create the ecosystem for Riot's different product pillars to operate, collaborate and thrive. In order to be effective, Enterprise Rioters must foster a trust forward culture to empower product pillars, act as true partners to product teams and create simple and customer-centric systems that unlock collaboration across Riot.
As a Principal Organizational Effectiveness Partner for the Games Pillar, you will report to the Senior Director, Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness, supporting Riot's Talent Management philosophies and suite of solutions, support the global strategy for new essential capabilities at Riot in the areas of organizational development and organizational effectiveness and set the strategy in these areas for the Games Pillar alongside the Games Pillar HRBPs. In this role, you will partner with the Games Pillar HRBP team and COEs, navigate stakeholders, deeply understand organizational talent needs and provide a feedback loop that helps our businesses understand and achieve our goals around the world. You will partner with HRBPs and leaders to diagnose and analyze opportunities and then partner across the People Team to design, implement, execute and continuously improve fit for purpose talent management programs solutions and organizational effectiveness strategies. You will collaborate across our organization to determine the right problem spaces, establish and measure success factors, mobilize several subject matter experts and workstreams, provide a holistic perspective alongside HRBPs and COEs to ensure our solutions are aligned, and generate meaningful outcomes.
- Develop and support global programs and projects in the space of talent management, organizational design, development and effectiveness alongside COEs and HRBPs
- Develop and establish important metrics for success for the TM/OD/OE function at Riot
- Be a recognized thought partner for the Games Pillar in the areas of TM/OD/OE; provide expert consultation in collaboration with Games Pillar HRBP's and multiple stakeholders within the organization on workforce planning, organization design and effectiveness, and change management
- Implement continuous improvement of Riot's global talent management suite of programs and solutions - including performance management, talent reviews, succession planning and other talent and workforce initiatives with a focus on the needs of the Games Pillar
- Assess organizational needs and at times conduct and at other times oversee, evidence-based organization diagnosis/needs assessment/root cause analysis activities (in partnership with other functional experts within HR and non-HR functions); gain agreement with key stakeholders, and prioritize recommendations that identify the outcomes, methods, and resources required for interventions, along with any dependencies/interdependencies that will need to be accounted for
- Provide consultation and directly contribute to data informed business cases to support executive and management decisions related to this roles areas of impact
- Operationalize global implementation of important talent processes, exercises, and programs for the Games Pillar, across global locations, working in collaboration with HRBPs and COEs
- Support engagement, retention, and talent attraction across product pillars and across global locations in partnership with HRBPs, COEs, and leaders across Riot
- Partner with HRBPs, COEs, and Craft/Discipline leaders to implement and oversee outcomes on behalf of important Riot disciplines
- Implement the framework of organization design charters; facilitate targeted team-chartering and team-building sessions, in partnership with HRBPs, for groups across Riot
- Support learning and development for Rioter, leaders and managers, by partnering to identify and communicate opportunities to COE and partnering on solutions
- Ensure that approaches and solutions are designed for a global audience, including partnering to identify strategic adaptations at times for some Riot locations
- Improve the effectiveness of People programs with Riot leaders, teams, and Rioters at large working with and advising HRBPs and COEs and including development of and tracking of essential metrics
- Work with HRBPs and leadership teams on re-organizations and other team affecting changes
- Partner with Communications on behalf of the People Team when needed
- Bachelor's Degree or related equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in HR
- Experience in Organizational Design and Development and Organizational Effectiveness
- Experience in talent management implementation and execution
- Experience partnering on or leading complex, transformational change for organizations
- Consulting skill set, inclusive of project scoping and management, hypothesis development, uncovering insights, and ability to make the complex simple
- Experience identifying causes of complex issues and designing solutions across multiple organizations to solve them using an evidence-based approach/sound reasoning while demonstrating empathy in communicating decisions and driving implementation
- Experience in designing and delivering training for a variety of delivery methods (classroom, self-paced, web-based and performance-support job aids) and learning strategies (guided practice, role plays and case studies).
- Collaborative style and expertise in stakeholder management
- Experience working in a dynamic industry and matrix-ed organization
- Advanced Degree
- Consultative or in-house corporate experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.