Researcher (Gameplay) - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0005273
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher on VALORANT, you will be working with the Agents, Maps, Live Balance, and Modes teams, supporting the development of content updates for VALORANT. You will identify and execute on research opportunities to support the development of new pieces of gameplay content, from prototype to post-launch analysis, as well as gather data from our live environments to inform future development opportunities. This role emphasizes a user researcher skillset -- including surveys, player labs, and market research -- to shape the gameplay of VALORANT. If you’re looking to leverage your research toolkit to collaborate with designers and product owners in order to craft resonant gameplay experiences, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Partner with product teams to generate frameworks and insights that craft guide the development of the future gameplay content of VALORANT
- Design and execute on surveys and player labs to generate authentic, applicable feedback
- Provide strategic insights to test design assumptions and inform content in development
- Leverage storytelling skills to effectively share your results with stakeholders
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Professional experience in survey craft and/or player lab design
- Experience in product design or business strategy for consumer-facing products
- Passionate and knowledgeable about online, competitive video games
- Advanced capability in analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
- Previous research experience on video games
- Experience with VALORANT or similar game
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.